Why install gutter guards?
Gutter guards are super effective in protecting your gutters from debris and leaves, and anything else that may restrict water flow. If water flow is restricted in your gutters, this may easily cause damage to your roof! By installing gutter guards to your home, you will significantly decrease the risk of your roof being damaged, and an added benefit is that you will be able to spend less time clearing out your gutters each time it’s rainy or windy; the gutter guards will do the heavy lifting!
With the reduced maintenance required on your gutters, your risk of falling is also significantly reduced. Premature rusting is also able to be avoided with gutter guards, as they will keep leaves out. An added bonus is that the gaps possums may enter will be closed up!
What is the process?
- Firstly, our friendly and experienced staff will arrive at your place, inspect your roof, and then clean out all your gutters; removing debris such as leaves and twigs.
- After we have ensured that your gutters are free of debris, we lay out the screen, making sure that no areas of your gutters are missed.
- To keep your lead screen in place, Colorbond trimming is then fixed to your gutters. Once this has been done, our team tucks the screen under your roof’s tiles to make sure it will stay in place.
- Lastly, we screen your valleys that water will travel through, so that these areas are also protected from becoming clogged up due to debris.
Why choose Green Frog Roofing?
Our gutter protector has won an Australian design award, as we ensure our guards will effectively protect homes from the Australian climate and diverse weather. Our aluminium screener that we use here at Green Frog Roofing also has the best possibly flammability rating from CSIRO, meeting all council and insurance requirements easily, actively reducing the risk of a fire in bush-fire prone areas!
Green Frog Roofing specialises in all aspects of guttering, from simple repairs to complete replacements. We pride ourselves on our effective guttering system and design, and how successful it is at preventing your roof from leaking, and making sure that any water flows in the right direction.
As we are an owner-operated business, we are not tied down to any specific product. This means that depending on the work we will be doing, we will be able to use the best product for each unique job depending on what our needs are.
What does your insurance cover?
Though you should seek comfort in the knowledge that our team is filled with experts that are fully licensed and insured, you should also keep in mind that we offer a 12 year guarantee on all of our products and materials.
This 12 year guarantee covers the overall integrity of the products we use; which includes colour consistency and paint lifting. It also covers the workmanship quality! If it turns out that our team has left your roof in a condition that is still not leaf-proof, we will come out and resolve the issue promptly.
6 main leaf gutter guards
There are six main types of leaf gutter guards that are commonly used, and these include Metal clip-in gutter protection, Porcupine Sit-in Gutter Protection, Plastic fixed-on gutter protection, Aluminium fixed-on gutter protection, Metal Hidden Gutter Protection, and Metal flow-over gutter protection. Each of these have their own sets of advantages and disadvantages.
- Metal clip-in protection- This style of gutter protection is usually quite strong as it tends to be made of steel, it works with most gutters, it is affordable and not visible from the ground. However leaves are still able to get stuck in this as it sits flat, meaning that the gutters will still have to be cleaned.
- Porcupine Sit-in Gutter Protection- This style is very effective at stopping leaves from getting stuck at the base of your gutters; and therefore reduces the need for cleaning significantly. Regular maintenance is still required that involves removing and reinstalling them when necessary.
- Plastic fixed-on gutter protection- This one tends to be the most popular choice for Australians. This is due to the ski-slope design that allows leaves to blow off, the ability to colour match gutters to your roof, it’s ability to be used in valleys and with all gutters.
- Aluminium fixed-on gutter protection- This protection has similar benefits to the plastic fixed-on gutter protection as it is based on the same design aspects. It simply takes the gutter protection a step further by offering a 100% fire-proof screener.
- Metal Hidden Gutter Protection- This option is effective at requiring little or no maintenance, and is designed to match most roofs, however with this option the whole guttering system must be replaced, making it quite an expensive job.
- Metal flow-over gutter protection- This option is also designed to match most roofs. It is easy to repair and very well designed, though it is also mor expensive due to the need to replace the whole guttering system.
Contact our friendly and helpful team today to chat about your gutters!